Our mission is to disrupt the cycle of intergenerational trauma by changing the Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) communities understanding of mental health
BUTTERFLY RELEASE PROJECT
On Saturday, October 1, 2022, Urban Restoration Counseling Center will be hosting our annual Butterfly Release Project.
On this day, we will be hosting a mental health fair and releasing butterflies into the universe as a visual representation of mental health awareness in the Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) communities.
This event aims to educate the BIPOC communities about the importance of mental health awareness.
****CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE:BUTTERFLY'S FOR THE EVENT****
The Butterfly Release Project will be at:
148 E 12th St, National City, California, 91950
10 am to 6 pm.
2021 NAMI Trendsetter Award
Urban Restoration Counseling Center was nominated by NAMI San Diego & Imperial County (NAMI SD/IC) for the Trendsetter Award. The Trendsetter Award is awarded to organizations/ individuals that use "out of the box" thinking to help destigmatize mental health issues.
This is the acceptance speech held at the18th Annual NAMI San Diego & Imperial Counties Color Ball & Inspiration Awardsfrom co-founders, Janel King and Shanelle D. Johnson.
Men's and Women's Groups
We offer Women's Empowerment groups aim to educate and empower women to overcome the impact of depression and anxiety.
Click HERE to request information!
We offer support groups for Men struggling with symptoms of depression and anxiety.
52 Week Court Mandated
Domestic Violence Groups
We offer Domestic Violence Offender Classes that are AFFORDABLE and Centrally Located in San Diego.
For more information:
Our Core values
Is the act of providing quality mental and behavioral health care to residents of disenfranchised communities in a manner that normalizes mental health recovery and creates long lasting change.
Is the act of providing consumers, staff, clinicians and our community partners with the skills, resources, authority, opportunity, and motivation to make changes in their individual lives; which will create a ripple effect to restore and rebuild the communities in which they reside.
The day-to-day duty of every clinician, staff, and community partner joining together as a cohesive unit to improve the mental health of ourselves, our people and our community.
Urban Restoration Counseling Center is committed to providing no cost to low cost therapy services for communities of color.
serving san diego county
What is Therapy for ALL?
Therapy for ALL (TFA) is our flagship program that providesTFA provides 15 sessions of no-cost/low-cost mental health services to members of the BIPOC community.TFA is a training platform for BIPOC mental health professionals at various stages of their careers.
Session types include:
- Individual therapy
- Couples Therapy(Romantic relationships)
- Conjoint Therapy (Non-romantic relationships)
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Case Management
Why Therapy For ALL?
TFA is unique because it creates a culture of healing in communities of color.
1. TFA centers the voices and prioritizes the mental health needs of communities of color.
2.TFA educates about the dangers of ignoring their mental health
3. TFA trains BIPOC mental health providers & people who serve communities of color how disrupt the cycle of intergenerational trauma.
How Do I Qualify?
TFA participants must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- uninsured or underinsured
- unable to find a therapist of color with their insurance provider
- have an insurance that we don't accept
How Do I Enroll?
CALL - (619) 648-1158
EMAIL - firstname.lastname@example.org
click the link here to submit your information.
How Do I Donate?
You can learn more about different ways to support our Therapy for ALL Program HERE!
In order to do this we need the financial support of the community to make this dream come true. You can choose to support with a one time donation, monthly donation and/or sponsor one of our fundraising campaigns.
- Maternal Mental Health helps fund bi-monthly support groups and parenting classes for birthing and new parents.
- Stop Domestic Violence helps support fundraising for our Domestic Violence programs. This years area of focus is to rid the adolescent and teen domestic violence.
- Healing Our LGBTQ+ Rainbow helps fund therapy services specifically for Queer, Transgender, Black, Indigenous People of Color (QT-BIPOC) teens and Transitional Age Youth (TAY).
- Free Therapy For All helps fund free to low cost therapy services which may include covering insurance co-payments for those in need.
How we do what we do
insurance & payments
URCC Licensed Clinicians are contracted with the following insurance panels:
- Beacon Health Options
- Magellan health
- United health care
- optum san diego (Medi-Cal)
- Victims of crime
- Triwest -
- Community Care Network
URCC Licensed Therapists and Associate Therapists accept cash pay clients. Each session is 45-50 minutes.
- LICENSED therapist:
- $80 - Individual sessions
- $100 - couples/conjoint sessions
- $120 - Family session (3 or more persons)
- associate THERAPIST:
- $60 - INDIVIDUAL SESSIONS
- $80 - COUPLES/CONJOINT SESSIONS
- $100 - FAMILY SESSION (3 OR MORE PERSONS)
LICENSED MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPIST
LICENSED MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPIST
Shanelle D. Johnson
associate marriage and family therapist
licensed marriage and family therapist
HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?
Please feel reach to reach out to us if you still have questions or want to connect with us further.